Inspection 30th January 2018
We are all very proud of our most recent Section 8 Inspection. The inspector came into school to assess whether Buckminster School is still a 'good' school and we are very happy to share the report with you. Unlike previous inspections, the school does not get graded on individual aspects such as safeguarding, leadership and teaching etc. but aims to give an overall picture and judgement for the whole school. The report is written as a letter to the Head Teacher and you will find it above.
Inspection February 2014, when we were delighted to be rated as a good school with some outstanding features.
Some comments from the Inspection Report include:
- Children's achievement in the Early Years Foundation Stage is outstanding.
- Pupils' attitudes to learning, their behaviour and their confidence in being safe are outstanding.
- The quality of teaching is consistently good across the school and some of it is outstanding.
- Due to outstanding leadership by the new headteacher and the governing body, this is a rapidly improving school.
- The curriculum and additional clubs provide enjoyable activities that cater for a wide range of pupils' interests.
- The school’s work to keep pupils safe and secure is outstanding.
- Pupils in every class have very positive attitudes to work.
You can read the full report below:
- Ofsted Inspection Report - February 2014 http://reports.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/119910